Create your own Dungeons. Endless possibilities, countless hours of enjoyment. And more features to come in the future!
Solasta 1.0 Full Launch - We're finally there people!
Hey there folks,
This is it. A little more than a year and a half after our Kickstarter and 7 months of Early Access, we're finally there - Solasta 1.0 is now available on PC. Now the only question that remains is... Are you ready?
We wouldn't be there today without our feline moral support squad
Solasta 1.0 - Available now!
Solasta is finally 100% content complete and ready to be enjoyed by everyone out there. You will be able to play the entire main campaign as well as experience all the sidequests we've prepared for you!
Here is what you can expect from Solasta 1.0:
- A full epic campaign that will take you from level 1 to 10
- A large amount of sidequests to enrich and gear up your party
- Several new and exotic environments filled with dangerous monsters
- A full orchestral upgrade of Solasta's Original Soundtrack
- Many improvements requested by the community
- Less bugs, more stability, better performance
- A sizeable update to the Dungeon Maker (still in beta) with 3 completely new environments, new monsters and new gadgets that we'll go into more details below
The 1.0 version is compatible with saves from the March Spring Update, however we do recommend to start fresh to ensure you get the final launch experience of Solasta!
Get Solasta in your favorite store!
Solasta is now out, and available on multiple different platforms. Choose your favorite!
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1096530/Solasta_Crown_of_the_Magister/
- GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/solasta_crown_of_the_magister
- Gamesplanet: https://gamesplanet.com/game/solasta-crown-of-the-magister-steam-key--5103-1
- Windows Store: https://www.microsoft.com/store/r/9n1kqpltr7s5
- Humble Store: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/solasta-crown-of-the-magister
Dungeon Maker Update - Stronghold, Lava Caves & Elven Palace
With the 1.0 launch of Solasta, the Dungeon Maker has also received a significant update! Stronghold, Lava Caves and Elven Palace will now join the sides of Necropolis, increasing the number of available environments in the Dungeon Maker to four! Each environment has very different visuals, mood and props available, making them unique in their own right. Just take a look below!
Stronghold - Library
Lava Caves - Mine Tunnel
Elven Palace - Dining Hall
We have also added quite a few new features, such as inner walls to break existing rooms into smaller rooms, activator gadgets to remotely trigger other gadgets such as doors or monster spawns, a key / lock system to allow doors and chests to be opened with specific items, huge and gargantuan monster spawners...
If you want to learn more about all of that, just head to the Dungeon Maker Guide!
Solasta Orchestral Soundtrack up for grabs!
Loved the music? The Original Solasta Soundtrack composed Maxime Hervé, containing 23 tracks (MP3/FLAC) from the game, is now available both on Steam and other platforms!
For you collectors out there, our audio partner G4F Records are also going to open pre-orders for the Solasta Vinyl on their website: https://www.g4f-records.com/en/shop/
Kickstarter Backers - How to access your Rewards?
Alright, you've got some free time, drinks and snacks at hand - how do you make sure you have your in-game rewards once your start your campaign?
Q: I didn't even receive my Steam / GOG Key of the game. Where can I find it?
A: You should have received a CrowdOx email long ago with your login information. Just log into CrowdOx and you'll be able to find all your rewards there: https://portal.crowdox.com/digital
Q: I can't find my CrowdOx email / information. What do I do now?
A: No worries! You can simply request a new mail by entering your Kickstarter email address over there: https://app.crowdox.com/retrieve/tacticaladventures/solasta-crown-of-the-magister
Q: I'm trying to add the key on Steam, but I'm getting a message saying I need the game already installed?
A: That's very likely because you're trying to install a DLC before you've installed the game. Make sure you start by adding the game key on Steam before adding the DLC keys.
Q: How do I get my in-game Kickstarter Items to appear in-game and where can I find them?
Depending on your Backer Tier, you will receive keys for the following DLCs (cumulative):
- Kickstarter Backer Items DLC (18€+ backers): Contains the Early Bird, Dwarven Bread, Six League Boots, The One Ring & Spoon of Discord items.
- Digital Kickstarter Content DLC (36€+ backers): Contains the Everlasting Torch item & Special VFX for the Burning Hands & Sacred Flame spells.
- Loaded Dice Package DLC (58€+ backers): Contains the Loaded Dice item
You will need to install those DLCs first, and then go to Caer Cyflen. There will be a chest located next to the Monument of the Dead near the Legacy Council, the items will be in there. This should also work on existing saves, not just fresh runs!
Q: Some of these items are not magical / don't do anything?
A: Don't forget to identify them! If you don't have a wizard, Hugo Requer can help you (he's located in the marketplace, close to the tavern)
Q: I'm seeing two Burning Hands & two Sacred Flame icons when choosing my spells?
A: That's normal! You can choose between the Kickstarter version or the regular version of the spell. They both do the same thing, but the visuals will be different.
Q: What about the other digital rewards?
A: So, originally we wanted to have all the digital rewards at launch, but with the amount of work we had to prepare the 1.0 launch we preferred not to rush out them out. The digital rewards available at launch are:
- The In-Game Kickstarter Items and VFX
- The Supporter Pack Dices (if you're a backer you received a free Steam key of the Supporter DLC)
- The Digital Orchestral Soundtrack (Steam Soundtrack, FLAC & mp3 format)
The digital rewards we'll work on releasing in the coming weeks:
- The Solasta Digital World Map (psd & png format)
- The Dev Documents
- The Solasta Tabletop Sourcebook PDF
For the Solasta Tabletop Sourcebook, we will give you an update later on it with the rest of the other Kickstarter Physical Goods. Thank you for your patience!
Q: What about the physical rewards?
We'll give you an update in the coming weeks about the Kickstarter Physical Rewards (Vinyl / Adventure Box / Sourcebook). Originally we had intended for them to be sent within 3 months of the 1.0 release, but with the current COVID situation it may take a bit longer - though worry not, we're getting there (we'll release more pictures & info in the next update).
Alright folks, that's all for now! Go and enjoy the game, and thanks again for all your support. If you run into any bugs, please inform us on Steam, Discord or our forums!
Solasta graduates from Early Access on May 27th!
Hey there folks! We weren't lying last week when we said that you'd get to know the launch date of Solasta soon :D
Solasta is graduating from Early Access!
On May 27th 2021 after a little more than 7 months in Early Access, Solasta will finally launch its 1.0 version with all the promises made during our Kickstarter Campaign! What a ride it has been, from the small prototype made by the hands of Mathieu Girard (our CEO and Creative Director) in Summer 2018, to the core team of Tactical Adventures shaping up end of 2018, to our Kickstarter Campaign and Ruins of Telema Demo in Summer 2019, to our Early Access launch in Autumn 2020... all of this leading to full release in Spring 2021!
And we wouldn't have made it this far without you, our community, supporting Solasta in your own ways - whether by backing us on Kickstarter, buying the game on Steam / GOG, giving feedback and reporting bugs to help us improve the game, or simply talking about Solasta to your friends! To think that our Discord server, which had less than 200 members when our Kickstarter started now has grown to 5,500 members. Our tiny subreddit with 12 subscribers is now nearing 2,000 subs. And we just passed 3,000 Steam reviews and 45,000 members on the Solasta Steam group!
We'll have more exciting news leading to the final release of Solasta: Crown of the Magister - so keep an eye out for more information!
Frequently Asked Questions - Launch Edition
Since we've announced that our next update would be the 1.0 launch of Solasta, we've seen a lot of questions going around. Considering not everyone has been on the Solasta train since our Kickstarter Campaign, we thought it'd be best to tackle them in a little FAQ so that people know what to expect from the full release of the game!
Will I need to buy the game again if I already bought the Early Access version?
No, of course not. If you already own Solasta: Crown of the Magister, it won't vanish from your library at launch - you will simply be prompted to download an update which will upgrade your Early Access version to the full 1.0 version.
How long is the game going to be at launch?
Originally we were aiming for around 40h in total, sidequests included - but that number will depend heavily on your playstyle and the difficulty setting of your playthrough. For instance, for those whose Early Access runs already took 30h, you may not be finishing the entire game in 40h - there is a quite a bit of content that was not included in the Early Access version to avoid spoiling the main campaign too much!
Is the level cap going to be level 10? Not level 20?
Indeed, it has always been planned that the level cap would be level 10. We've announced from the start that you wouldn't be able to go past level 10 in our first game at launch. There are quite a few reasons for that, as each additional level would require:
- Development time to implement the new features, as well as animations, visual effects and sound effects for each class.
- Time and money to design, create and implement new and higher CR monsters (who also need their own animations and effects), otherwise you would just demolish any encounter at higher level.
- Time and money to increase the length of the campaign, meaning more work for the narrative and level design teams, as well as more recordings required.
So we always knew and said that level 10 would be the limit, given the scope of Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Which doesn't necessarily mean that the level cap will forever stay at level 10 post-launch!
Why are certain D&D classes like Barbarian and Bard missing?
Just like with the level 10 cap, we've been clear from the beginning that the 6 classes available at launch would be the Fighter, the Rogue, the Wizard, the Cleric - and the two classes that were added through the Kickstarter Stretch Goals, the Paladin and the Ranger. There is also a 7th class that has already been announced, the Sorcerer, who will be available in a free post-launch DLC for everyone.
As for the other classes, they may be added in future DLCs but we don't want to make any promises before the game is out. That said, trust me when I say that we want to have them in Solasta as much as you do!
Where is the Battle Master Fighter? The Vengeance Paladin?
Remember that Wizard of the Coast only granted us a license to use the SRD 5.1, not the full D&D license - meaning that we can only use what's in the SRD 5.1. This includes the vast majority of the tabletop ruleset and most of the classes, races and spells - but only one subclass for each class. This is why you won't find certain official archetypes, feats and spells in Solasta - which we replaced by homebrew content linked to our own setting.
Will my Early Access saves be compatible with the 1.0 version?
We are doing our best to not break save compatibility, so you should be able to play the 1.0 version with your existing post Spring Update saves.
Should I start a fresh run at launch?
Yes, we heavily suggest you start a fresh run as we will have made many changes between the current Spring Update EA version and the full 1.0 release!
How complete be the game at launch?
Solasta will be fully complete at launch! As stated before, we have always been very transparent about what would be in the final version of our game, and you can track our promises back to our Kickstarter Campaign from 2019 - so you can go back and check if you want to.
We know some people have been burnt in the past by Early Access titles that had to release in their current state because they could no longer afford to continue development, but we can assure you this is not the case here - otherwise we wouldn't make so much noise about our upcoming launch, would we!
Can we expect further updates after that?
While we don't plan on adding more content to the campaign, we do intend to make sure to keep an eye out for bugs, balance issues or popular improvements requested by the community - we're not going to suddenly disappear. Also, because the Dungeon Maker is a recent addition to Solasta, it will still be in Beta at launch - meaning we will be doing some Dungeon Maker upgrades as well post launch.
Depending on how Solasta performs, we might also work on some paid DLCs - but we have a game to finish first before thinking about that!
Do you plan on supporting additional languages?
We can't promise anything for now - our four languages at launch will be English, French, German and Simplified Chinese. That said, we did spot that some community members started to work on a fan translation mod in Portuguese, so you may want to check the modding section of our Discord Server if you want to know more.
Are you going to improve facial animation?
We did rework some of the mugs we had in our Character Creator, but the visuals and animation for our character faces won't change drastically. Keep in mind that we're not a story-focused RPG, but a Tactical RPG - where combat is one of our key focus, just like in the X-COM series.
Will you release Solasta on other platforms?
Solasta: Crown of the Magister is currently available on PC, but we did plan to have a Mac version developed post-launch. We unfortunately can't commit to a Linux version - unfortunately the Linux player base is simply much too small for a port to be affordable. As for consoles... we'll have to see how it goes!
Article by Tactical Myzzrym
Solasta Spring Update Patch Notes
Hey there folks!
The Spring Update should now be live, with a plethora of changes and new content! With the addition of the difficulty options, side quests and background quests, your Solastan experience is getting closer and closer to the final release. Well bugs and polish aside of course, Early Access has proved quite effective at finding and squashing them so far! But enough talk, it's time to dive into the patch notes.
Old Save Files are NOT compatible
As stated in our previous articles, due to changes in existing systems save files from previous versions will NOT be compatible with the Spring Update. That said, we're adding a lot of side content in this new update, so restarting a fresh run will give a new experience where you don't have to run after the main quest!
Note that we will put the previous version of the game (January Update) on a separate Steam branch so that you can keep playing with your old saves if you want to. And although one is never safe from a bad surprise during Early Access, save compatibility should hopefully be preserved from the Spring Update onwards.
Spring Patch Sales & Price Increase
Solasta will be discounted when the Spring Update hits the store on March 25th until March 31st, after which the price of the game will increase from $35 to $40 in anticipation of the 1.0 release. This is due to the fact that Steam prevents games from discounting within 30 days of a price increase, so we unfortunately cannot increase the price when 1.0 gets released while also having a launch discount. So if you want to jump in Solasta at Early Access price, make sure you don't miss the Spring Update sales!
New Content / Feature:
- Added the Dungeon Maker (Beta). The Dungeon Maker allows you to create, share and play custom maps, and will continue to get improved over time. Check the Dungeon Maker section below for more information.
- The Main Quest now continues a little bit past the Wizard's Tower. You will be able to return to Caer Cyflen to report to the Council and will unlock your own residence (simply a resting area, not customizable), after which you will be free to continue playing instead of being booted back to the main menu.
- Added Background Quests for each of the 8 Backgrounds available in Character Creation. Background Quests are only available if one of the party member has the right Background - for instance, the Spy Background unlocks the Spy Background Quest. You can check where to unlock them in the following article.
- Added Side Quests. Side Quests are available through the Adventuring Board found in Caer Cyflen close to Gorim's Emporium, with the first unlocking once you talked to the Council after returning from Caer Lem. Be warned, some Side Quests may be quite difficult if you tackle them immediately after unlocking them!
- Added Difficulty Settings. Difficulty Settings can be found the in the Settings => Game tab and can be customized at any time. Note that higher difficulty modes have not yet been properly balanced yet, so playing on Cataclysm may very well make you want to eat your keyboard (please don't).
- Implemented Legendary Actions for Aksha and Razan. Legendary Actions allow certain bosses to act outside their turn, so you may have to change your tactics a bit!
- Added Achievements (WIP). Achievements are missing localization (FR / DE / ZH) and icons, but are otherwise functional. Note that some achievements may not be unlockable until the full 1.0 release - such as the achievement for finishing the game.
- Added new Martial Feats and rebalanced a couple of existing ones. Read more about them here.
The Dungeon Maker (Beta)
The Dungeon Maker is an in-game tool available directly in the main menu which allows you to create, edit and play custom maps. The video above is a quickstart guide - if you need a more in-depth guide, it is available in our Forums over there.
How do I share the dungeons I created?
You can access your custom dungeon folder by simply clicking the in-game "Browse Files" button in the Dungeon Maker menu. The folder can also be manually found there: "C:\User\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Tactical Adventures\Solasta\UserContent\Locations". Whenever you create a map in the Dungeon Maker, the game will create a .json file containing all the information with the same name there.
Where do I share the dungeons I created?
For the moment we're still working on Steam Workshop Integration. In the meantime, you could always drop by good ol' NexusMod where many other mods are already available (reminder: mods are community driven, Tactical Adventures has no control over them and cannot guarantee that they work properly).
How do I play a dungeon I just downloaded?
Simply copy paste the .json file into you custom dungeon folder, that you can either access by clicking the in-game "Browse Files" button in the Dungeon Maker menu, or manually opening "C:\User\[YourUserName]\AppData\LocalLow\Tactical Adventures\Solasta\UserContent\Locations". The new dungeon should then appear in-game in the Dungeon Maker list.
I have a question about the Dungeon Maker!
Make sure you read the in-depth forum guide about the Dungeon Maker, and if you still have questions feel free to swing by our Discord server and head to the #modding channel!
Will you update for the Dungeon Maker in the future?
Of course! You might have noticed the Dungeon Maker is still lacking quite a few features, and that's because the Dungeon Maker will still be in beta when we release the full 1.0 version of Solasta (we've got to make sure we wrap up the main campaign properly first). There are tons of things we want to add later - quest systems, dialogs, merchants, more environments... Make sure you tell us what you'd like to see first!
- Increased max level cap from level 6 to level 8. MORE POWER!
- Adjusted Sorak Skirmishers, Sorak Warriors and Sorak Saboteurs stats to further differentiate them. Read more about it here.
- IMPORTANT: A mistake snuck in at the last moment and Sorak Saboteurs have incorrectly been granted the power to Sneak Attack (2d6), which can make them extremely dangerous in combination with their Doom Laughter Power. This change wasn't intended, so if Soraks feel even harder than before don't worry it's (unfortunately) normal for now.
- The following spells have been added: Animal Friendship (Green Mage), Entangle (Green Mage), Giant Insect (Green Mage), Freedom of Movement, Wind Wall, Banishment, Black Tentacles, Blight, Conjure Minor Elementals, Death Ward, Dimension Door, Fire Shield, Greater Invisibility, Ice Storm, Identify Creatures, Phantasmal Killer, Stoneskin, Wall of Fire.
Tweaks / Improvements
- Preserve Random Seed has been turned off by default. If you're wondering what that does, we talked about it in detail in a previous article. Long story short, parallel worlds and time travel. El Psy Congroo.
- Removed one enemy from the first Sorak encounter in Caer Lem Caves. Poor non-tabletop players usually spend all their resources on Goblins and Flying Snakes before getting there, making them easy pickings for the Soraks.
- Removed one enemy from the Crown Room encounter in Tower of Magic. 4 vs 7 at level 3 was a little too brutal considering most Soraks are CR 1, even after a long rest.
- Fixed Fly not allowing players to reach treasure chests in some areas.
- Character Proficiency screen should now correctly display bonuses to ability checks
- Hovering items in the Crafting Screen will now display a tooltip. Because knowing what you're about to craft is somewhat important, I'd say.
- Made HP values easier to read on the initiative bar.
- Oil of Sharpness can no longer be applied during combat, as it takes one minute to do so.
- Attempting to cast a concentration spell from a scroll while already concentrating on a spell will now correctly display a warning message.
- Items are no longer automatically equipped when transferred between characters.
- Monsters will now respect the spellcasting rules just like adventurers, they've been barred from casting two spells and are now correctly restricted to spell + cantrip when using their bonus action.
- Large monsters such as Giant Spiders should no longer be able to attack much higher than their model would suggest.
- Save Files should now be smaller in size
- Spellcasters should now be able to use scrolls directly from their inventory during combat
- Feared characters will now run a bit less far so you don't have to spend multiple turns chasing after their fleeing butt
- Adjusted Minotaur AI so it's a little more agressive, its axe has your name on it.
- Refined AI spell usage to avoid spellcasters automatically unleashing all their most powerful spells at the start of the fight
- Game Over screen when caught during stealth tutorial will now correctly tell you that you got spotted instead of telling you that you died (although let's be honest, you very likely died as a result of getting spotted anyway).
- Added Steamworks and GOG Galaxy Integration - note that Steam Workshop hasn't been implemented yet, we'll try to get that done for the full 1.0 release.
- Added new visuals on the World Map
- Added clouds and stars in open levels' skybox for better lighting
- Improved the lighting in the tavern cutscenes.
- Arrows & Bolts which hit their their target now have a 50% chance to be recoverable after the fight on their body
- Optimized performance in all areas
- Added a message informing players to lower their graphic settings if the game crashed due to running out of resources
- Monsters now visually swap weapons when attacking from melee / range. Gone are the days where you got whacked for 1d6 slashing damage with a bow by a Goblin.
- Characters should now move more smoothly on the grid and stack less on top of each other
- Improved visuals in the Bestiary
- Added Brightness / Contrast calibration screen when starting the game for the first time
- Belt of Dwarvenkind now has a chance to add a beard to characters who attune to it
- Characters now only turn towards their attacker if they get hit with a melee attack that they can see
- Ranged weapon attacks which miss now properly... well... miss the target. Instead of the target going all Matrix style and dodging the arrow.
- Improved shading on haircuts and beards
- Allied NPCs behind walls now have the proper color to differentiate them from enemies.
- Characters now properly orient towards their target with ranged and thrown weapons.
- Solasta should now be less power intensive when minimized
- Added some new crafting recipe and spell scrolls
- Bestiary now includes monsters' passive abilities (like Child of Darkness)
- Made many adjustments to loot tables, chests and merchants
- Added many different poisons
- Added loot to poor ol' Adam that players do so love to kill in Dark Castle
- Added smithing tools to craft bolts and arrows
- Beefed up Razan to make him stronger than Aksha
- Defiler's "Darkness" have been replaced by "Dark Veil"
Bugfixes / Others
- Fixed Defilers draining maximum HP on non-necrotic damage inflicted. Life drain is already tough enough as it is.
- Haste should now correctly inflict lethargy when the spell ends, hopefully after the fight is over or you're about to have a very bad time.
- It is no longer possible to ready a cantrip if you shouldn't be able to cast it due to component restrictions (Vocal, Somatic, Material)
- Fixed additional enemies sometimes not joining combat correctly and just sitting there staring at you. Bystander effect, everyone.
- Arcane Fury should now apply extra damage to the first Magic Missile projectile only. First one asking us to buff Magic Missile gets to meet the Adamantium Hammer of Bans +3.
- Scroll of Raise Dead can no longer be used in combat. The spell takes one entire hour to cast for heaven's sake, did everyone just go take a nap?
- Fixed some monsters in the bestiary not appearing correctly
- Creatures protected by Aura of Devotion (Paladin) are now correctly immune to Hypnotic Pattern (saving throws are still rolled, but they won't be affected even if they fail)
- Fixed the description of Mark of Fate (Oblivion Domain), which isn't supposed to be re-targatable
- Fixed Flawless Concentration allowing the spellcaster to ignore concentration rolls even when taking more than 10 damage (cheater).
- Fixed a rare case where re-ordering the inventory would freeze the game for a short amount of time
- Undead and Constructs are now correctly immune to Blight
- The game will now correctly select the most suitable character to interact with traps instead of sending the leader of the party every time, even if the party hates their leader.
- Fixed Spirit Guardians dealing damage equal to the previous AoE spell cast, which effectively turned the Cleric into a walking Fireball
- Somatic Component setting no longer prevents casting when restrained, as per RAW (Rule As Written).
- Life Domain Blessed Healer Feature no longer triggers if the Cleric only heals themself like the selfish doodoohead they are. Yea that's right, heal me earlier next time!
- Fixed Might of the Iron Legion Feat not working properly.
- Lockbreaker Feat now correctly grants expertise if the character was already proficient with Thieves Tools
- Greenmage Magic Arrow Feature no longer trigger on Firebolt
- Ghoul's Paralysis is now correctly removed after a successful saving throw. That was pretty annoying.
- Paladins and Rangers can now use scrolls again. They took some reading lessons and all is well now
- Fixed a rare instance where unconscious characters would refuse to get up after getting healed once outside combat. Lazybones.
- Fixed Lay on Hands being able to use more points than the maximum HP of the target, effectively wasting some resources.
- Fixed some sound issues that occured when Spiritual Weapon is out on the field
- Fixed some instances where monsters would refuse to act and instead spend their turn goofing around
- Fixed AoE looting not working properly when a character was directly on top of a loot bag. We saw you dude, don't try to steal from the party.
- Fixed a rare instance where the entire screen could turn black if you paused the game right before the camera teleported
- Players are no longer able to pause the game during a fade to black screen, to avoid them from believing they're stuck in a black screen (since they paused the game at the wrong time)
- Fixed being able to run through doors if you clicked behind them before they closed
- Fixed some clothes & haircuts being able to stretch infinitely in some rare instances. As it was destroying the law of physics we had to put an end to that.
- Fixed some sound issues that would occur when controlling a proxy spell (such as Flaming Sphere)
- Fixed some armor parts sometimes turning invisible during certain cutscenes
- Fixed a rare case where characters would spawn twice when reloading a save (doppelgängers have been thoroughly exterminated)
- Made particles spawn / despawn properly when a character is invisible
- Fixed some NPCs having the wrong skin color
- Caer Cyflen citizens no longer appear through the fog of war
- Fixed time stopping when someone would strike the Minotaur with a ready action during its charge
- Fixed 3d feedback being able to "detect" invisible creatures
- Fixed clothes popping in between camera cuts during cutscenes
- Particles now fade out properly instead of popping out of existence
- Fixed flying characters animation sometimes bugging out
- Fixed a rare crash when you try to fast travel with an unconscious character
- Fixed character's hair popping out of the Plate Armor +1 helmet
- Fixed being able to trigger a certain cutscene after completing the puzzle, which made no sense at all
- Fixed being able to return to the Master's Room by using Misty Step after exiting it. Seriously there's nothing left for you to do there, just be kind and leave the place alright?
- Fixed some props not properly blocking line of sight in the caravan encounter
- Fixed a certain fight not triggering properly if Kythaela was sent alone. Shame on you if you used the NPC to scout for you.
- Fixed the resting area not appearing on the map outside the Wizard Tower
- Fixed a certain stone in Coparann's basement not being clickable
- Fixed one particular door in Dark Castle being stuck closed under certain conditions
- Fixed a quest marker incorrectly pointing towards the tavern after returning from Tower of Magic, instead of guiding you to the Council. Regardless, we all know where the party wants to go first.
- Fixed the dialogue repeating itself in the cutscene when returning to Caer Cyflen from Tower of Magic with the crown.
- Angbi's Bones should finally be removed after the quest is complete - if not, you'll now be able to remove them from your inventory.
- Fixed some backer submitted names not appearing properly in the Character Creator name pool
- Fixed being able to talk to Aksha while in stealth to "surprise" her when the fight starts. Yea no, the DM is going to call bullshit on that move.
- In some rare occasions, confirmation pop-ups may no longer appear - meaning you'll be stuck in a location, since you won't get a confirmation message asking you if you want to leave the area when stepping on Exit Areas or when interacting with a door. To fix it, quit the game completely and relaunch it (simply loading a save doesn't fix it)
- After talking to the Council on your return from Wizard's Tower, you must go to the residence immediately. If you don't (for instance, you long rest at the tavern before going to the residence), you will be stuck inside the residence and won't be able to leave, effectively ending your run. To fix it, load a previous save and go directly to the residence after talking to the council.
- In the Lawkeeper Background Quest, clicking "No" when asked to travel to the sewers will permanently block you from accessing the sewers, thus blocking the quest. To fix it, reload a previous save.
- In Tower of Magic, if you do the "Research the Crown" side quest before the "Magister's Amulet" side quest, the puzzle of "Magister's Amulet" side quest won't work. To fix it, simply leave Tower of Magic and return there later.
- If you click end turn exactly when "Victory" appears, you will trigger a game over. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. But I did find that funny when QA told me about it.
- Do not go to back to "Caravan" on the World Map if you don't have "The Collector" side quest active - without that side quest in your journal you will be stuck once you arrive there.
- In Tower of Magic, the "Magister's Amulet" side quest will spawn 2 elementals very far from you which unfortunately won't do anything so you'll have to hunt them down by running to them. Which is very tedious and we totally hate it too, so don't worry it's not intended.
- Characters are able to walk in the air in certain places in the broken fort in Caer Lem.
- Monsters may also sometimes decide to run back and forth instead of attacking a character. Which is of course not intended, as all monsters are ordered to violently maul any adventurer they encounter by their DM overlord.
- In the Dungeon Maker, the "Mood" parameter isn't saved properly and will always revert to "Crypt".
- Paladins can't use scroll of Raise Dead
- Characters who drop to 0 max HP due to Defilers' Vampiric Touch can't be resurrected, forcing a game over.
- Scroll of Freedom of Movement casts Fire Shield instead
- Amulet of Health currently doesn't require attunement (it should)
- Poisonous Bolt recipes are missing their correct name
- Captain Verissa Ironshell is missing lip sync
- Warhammer +1 currently requires attunement (it shouldn't)
- Rolling 20 on a death saving throw skips the character's turn instead of letting them play
- Reading a recipe book when you already know the recipe still consumes the book
Aside from hotfixes, we've got our sight now locked onto the final 1.0 release. Keep an eye out for more information about our official launch date!
Article by Tactical Myzzrym
Dungeon Maker Showcase - Create your own Dungeons!
Hey there folks,
You wanted it, we wanted it - modding tools to create your very own adventures in Solasta. We didn't make any promises back during our Kickstarter as we weren't sure we'd be able to make it before launch... But today we're happy to announce the Dungeon Maker - a map editor that will be accessible in-game to each and everyone of you! And we're not just making promises with a few screenshots here - here's a full video to show you what the Dungeon Maker is, and how it works!
Will the Dungeon Maker be fully complete when Solasta 1.0 launches?
No, the Dungeon Maker will be in a beta state for quite some time - even after the 1.0 launch of Solasta. In order to have a playable version of the Dungeon Maker and avoid putting the main game at risk, we've decided to start small and add features as we go (rather than being too ambitious from the start).
What are the current features of the Dungeon Maker?
- Freely create dungeon layouts using a selection of preset rooms
- Link multiple maps together to create larger dungeons
- One environment available for now, the Necropolis, with its set of environmental props to decorate your dungeon
- Almost all monsters and items from Solasta: Crown of the Magister main campaign to create your encounters and loot
- A selection of traps (just a few for now) to punish greedy adventurers
- Easy to share online, it's a simple .json file in a folder. We plan to add Steam Workshop later on so it becomes even easier to share.
What are the future features planned for the Dungeon Maker?
Provided we see people using the Dungeon Maker, we plan to add a Quest system, Merchants and other environments. After that... time will tell!
Can I import my own monsters / items in the Dungeon Maker?
No, at least not using the official Dungeon Maker tool on its own. That being said, it might become possible through the use of other community-created mods, as some have already started to create new classes and archetypes - so new items / monsters may not be an impossibility in the long run!
Where can I share my creation / download other people's Dungeon Maker maps?
While Solasta will eventually be on Steam Workshop later, in the meantime you could always take a look at Nexusmod - where you can already find mods from community members adding new feats, archetypes and other creative ideas! Note that we (Tactical Adventures) do not guarantee anything when it comes to user created mods - some may not work at all.
When will the Dungeon Maker be available?
Soon! That's all we can tell you for now :D
A little glimpse at the Adventure Book
Many of you Kickstarter Backers have been asking about the progress of our physical goods. We're happy to announce that we've finished working on the digital version of the Adventure Book - a short adventure included in the Adventure Box - and will be moving onto completing the Adventure Box next, before starting the layout of the main Solasta Setting Sourcebook (which currently sports a meaty 180 pages!)
This short adventure will take your party from level 1 to level 4 by diving deep into the Ruins of Carillach Gar!
The Adventure Book should contain everything to help new DMs run their adventure without additional material
Read our previous articles here:
- Cracking Open The Difficulty Settings
- Dev Diary #28 - Side Quests, Monsters and... Digging?
- Kickstarter Rewards - February Update
Article by Tactical Myzzrym
The founder, Mathieu Girard, was co-founder of Amplitude Studios. For Tactical Adventures, he has gathered a team of experienced industry veterans, all with experience from major publishers or indie studios.
Brought together by our shared expertise and passionate about making games, we plan to remain a small studio of 15 to 20 people, efficient and focused on creating great games with powerful narratives.
We are all big fans of board games and tabletop role playing games, and the objective of Tactical Adventures is to design a unique experience on computers and consoles. Supported by experienced partners, we are a united and ambitious team.
Our goal is to recreate the feel of a tabletop RPG onscreen, through the faithful adaptation of rules and universes.
While computer RPGs have existed for almost 40 years, the technology has progressed, new forms of interaction have been invented, and Tactical Adventures has created some critical evolutions in computer RPG mechanics, which will bring the interactive experience as close to that of a tabletop RPG as possible.
To learn more, contact us: